English – Question Tag
1. Question tag are positive or negative at the end of statements. We add ‘tags’ to the end of statements:
a. When we are not sure that what we are saying is correct, and we want the other person to if we are correct or not. (pronoun.; rising intonation)
b. When we are sure that what we are saying is correct, and we want the other to say something about it/agree with us. (pronoun. ; falling intonation)
2. With Positive statement, we usually use negative question tag. ex:
They are teachers, aren’t they?
3. With Negative statement, we usually use positive question tag. ex :
I Can’t go to toilet, can i?
4. If the statement is use ‘i am’ , then negative is ‘aren’t i’ and Not ‘am not i’ !!
5. to be : is, am, are
6. Aux : does/do, have/has, will, can, should, did